RACING takes place at Aintree today and we have you covered with all the latest runners, results, tips and going news.
Get yourself along to the racecourse or watch on tv as racing gets underway this afternoon.
What time does racing start at Aintree?
The first race is at 1.45pm.
There are seven races on the card and the last race is due off at 6.20pm.
What TV channel is Aintree on?
You can watch the racing at Aintree on Racing UK.
Racing UK is on Sky channel 432, Virgin channel 536, and UPC in Ireland on channel 411.
ITV will broadcast the 2.25, 3.00, 3.40, 4.20 and 5.15.
The Grand National is due off at 5.15pm.
How to claim your FREE £10 horse racing bet
2 Bet £5 or more on horse racing
3 Sun Bets will stick a £10 bet in your account
What is the going at the racecourse?
The going is currently Soft, Heavy in Places.
Racecourse information with leading jockeys and trainers with runners today:
- The Grand National course is flat and 2m 2f round. The big race is run over two circuits, with 30 fences and a 494yd run-in. The Mildmay course is a sharp 1m 4f round, with stiff birch fences.
- Favourites: (2013-18): 84 have won out of 293 races (28.7%). At the previous corresponding meetings, 55 have won out of 206 races (26.7%).
- Leading trainers (2013-18): N Henderson 28-138, P Nicholls 16-150, T R George 12-67, Jonjo O’Neill 12-96, C Tizzard 11-46, P Hobbs 11-97, N Twiston-Davies 11-97.
- Leading jockeys (2013-18): R Johnson 13-115, B J Geraghty 12-63, N De Boinville 10-47, N Fehily 9-68, P Brennan 8-52, S Twiston-Davies 8-89.
- N Henderson won the 2.25 in 2011 and 2012, and won the 4.20 in 2014 and 2015.
- H de Bromhead won the 3.00 in 2013 and 2015.
- P Nicholls won the 3.00 in 2010 and 2017, and won the 4.20 in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012.
- D Pipe won the 1.45 in 2011 and 2014.
- Longest traveller: Clondaw Cian (3.40) trained by Miss S Smith Lewes, round trip of 520 miles.
- First run since wind op: Blaklion (5.15), Pendra (5.15), Virgilio (5.15)
- Best for favourites: 7 favourites have won the 4.20 at Aintree in the last 10 years.
Templegate’s tips for today’s meeting at Aintree:
- 1.45 Red Indian (nb)
- 2.25 On The Blind Side
- 3.00 Petit Mouchoir
- 3.40 Thomas Patrick (treble)
- 4.20 Sam Spinner
- 5.15 Seeyouatmidnight (nap)
- 6.20 William Of Orange
Today’s Aintree racecards and results:
Templegate’s tips for Aintree
1.45 Aintree – Red Indian: ‘Decent handicap form in the book and is ready for this step up in trip’ (add to your betslip)
2.25 Aintree – On The Blind Side: ‘Conditions and the trip look ideal and he’s a fresh horse’ (add to your betslip)
3.00 Aintree – Petit Mouchoir: ‘Hard to see past Henry de Bromhead’s chaser’ (add to your betslip)
3.40 Aintree – Thomas Patrick: ‘Can keep trainer Tom Lacey’s hot streak going’ (add to your betslip)
4.20 Aintree – Sam Spinner: ‘Today’s track suits him better and the ground has come right’ (add to your betslip)
5.15 Aintree – Seeyouatmidnight: ‘Always had plenty of class and stamina is no problem’ (add to your betslip)
6.20 Aintree – William Of Orange: ‘Now his wind issues are sorted he can improve again’ (add to your betslip)