Get all the latest football gossip from the day’s back pages
Paul Pogba, Alvaro Morata and Leeds ace Kemar Roofe all feature in the latest instalment of Paper Talk!
THE SUN ON SUNDAY
- Bayern Munich have told Chelsea to cough up £30m by January 14 if they want Mats Hummels.
- Peter Kenyon’s bid to take over Newcastle looks dead in the water.
- Liverpool striker Dominic Solanke is ready to say ‘yes’ to a loan move to Crystal Palace – because he wants to come back to the Kop.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believes he can talk contract rebels David De Gea and Anthony Martial into staying at Manchester United.
- Chelsea will let goalkeeper Nathan Baxter go in January if he can seal a Championship move.
- MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale intends to go back to Exeter to sign goal machine Jayden Stockley.
- NAC Breda’s English full-back Greg Leigh is a target for Charlton.
- Dean Holdsworth wants to put together a syndicate to take over Italian club Palermo.
- Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers is about to lose two of his main allies, with director of football Lee Congerton and leading scout Mick Doherty targets for Belgian giants Anderlecht.
- Swansea have threatened to walk away from a deal for Ayr United striker Lawrence Shankland.
- Sheffield United boss Chris Wilder has set his sights on a loan move for Norwich winger Yanic Wildschut.
- West Brom’s out-of-favour winger Oliver Burke is wanted on loan by Neil Harris’ Millwall.
Click on the image below for Sky Bet’s latest Transfer Specials…
THE MAIL ON SUNDAY
- Anthony Martial was reprimanded by Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer after returning back late from Paris on Christmas Day.
- Tottenham are in talks with the Oakland Raiders over a ground share for a full eight-game NFL home season next year.
- FIFA has been forced to pay almost £15million in compensation to a company that traded in black market World Cup tickets in an extraordinary case set to tarnish the world governing body’s name yet again.
- David Luiz has revealed he has just started to play his best football again after finally overcoming the effects of Sergio Aguero’s 18-rated tackle two years ago.
- Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri has left the door ajar on a potential January departure for Alvaro Morata by suggesting the striker could be overlooked again for today’s clash with Crystal Palace.
- Chelsea are closing in on Borussia Dortmund wonderkid Christian Pulisic which could free up Eden Hazard to finally make the move to Real Madrid.
- Juventus and Barcelona still want Man Utd star Paul Pogba even after Jose Mourinho’s exit.
- Inter Milan have launched a bid to stop Chelsea defender Gary Cahill from joining Arsenal in the January transfer window.
- Newcastle have been dealt a double New Year body-blow, with takeover talks on the verge of collapse and plans for the imminent January transfer window non-existent.
- Kevin De Bruyne is facing a fight to be fit for Manchester City’s title showdown with runaway Premier League leaders Liverpool on Thursday night.
- Brighton goalkeeper Mat Ryan could be away for up to five weeks as he prepares to play for Australia in the Asia Cup.
- Cardiff are confident of winning the race to sign Liverpool defender Nathaniel Clyne on loan.
- Lazio will make a move for Chelsea defender Davide Zappacosta if they again fail to convince Manchester United to sell them Matteo Darmian.
- Arsenal plan to match any move arch-rivals Tottenham make for Norwich right-back Max Aarons.
- Rafa Benitez is considering a move for Leeds striker Kemar Roofe – if funds for new signings are made available to him.
- Aston Villa boss Dean Smith is close to signing Levante midfielder Cheick Doukoure.
- Huddersfield are set to win the fight for 20-year-old Leyton Orient striker Joshua Koroma.
THE SUNDAY TELEGRAPH
- England assistant manager Steve Holland claims the lack of a winter break in the Premier League cost England at the World Cup, and its introduction next year could be the boost the national side need to go another step further in Euro 2020.
- Rangers hero Ryan Jack insists their thrilling derby win over Celtic can give them the belief to win the title.