With Santa Anita’s Winter Meet opener just five days away this , a revamped, fan-friendly wagering menu awaits, including a special $1 million guaranteed Late Pick 4 pool that will cover races six through nine.
In addition to the $1 million guaranteed Late Pick 4 on opening day, fans will find a betting menu that includes 50 cent Trifectas, an additional 50 cent Late Pick 5 and rolling one dollar Super High Five wagers on all races. Santa Anita’s Single Ticket Pick Six Jackpot will remain in place as will the popular low takeout 50 cent Early Pick 5 on the first five races each day.
Santa Anita will also continue to offer the nation’s lowest major track takeout of 15.43 percent on win, place and show wagers. The track will also continue to offer one dollar exactas, two dollar rolling Daily Doubles, one dollar rolling Pick 3s, an early 50 cent Pick 4, as well as 10 cent Superfectas.
Santa Anita’s 2017-18 Winter Meet Wagering Menu will offer the following:
• Two separate 50 cent Pick 5s, to be offered on the first and last five races each day. If no one selects the winners of all five races, that pool will carryover to the corresponding Early or Late Pick 5 the following racing day.
• Rolling one dollar Super High 5s. This wager requires bettors to correctly select the first five finishers in each race (minimum of eight runners). If no one selects the top five finishers in exact order, 100 percent of the net pool carries over to the next race featuring the Super High Five.
• $500,000 guaranteed Late Pick 4 each weekend.
• $300,000 guaranteed Late Pick 4 each weekday.
• Two dollar Win, Place & Show wagering on each race, featuring the lowest takeout (15.43 percent) of any major racetrack in the nation.
• 50 cent Trifectas on each race (minimum of four runners required).
• 10 cent Superfectas will be offered on all races (minimum of six horses scheduled to start).
• One dollar Exactas on each race.
• Two dollar Pick Six, with a Single Ticket Jackpot, will be offered on the final six races each day.
• The 50 cent early Pick 4 will cover races two, three, four and five, each day. The Late Pick 4 will cover the final four races on each card.
• Rolling two dollar Daily Doubles, which feature a 20 percent takeout.
• One dollar rolling Pick 3s will be offered beginning with the first race each day.
First post time for a nine-race race card is 3p.m. ET. The opening day card will include four graded stakes, highlighted by the Grade 1 Malibu and the Grade 1 La Brea, as well as the Grade 2 Mathis Brothers Mile (turf) and the Grade2I San Antonio, which will be run for the first time in its 80-year history on opening day and will serve as a prep for the $16 million Pegasus World Cup Invitational at Gulfstream Park on .