RACING takes place at Sedgefield today and we have you covered with all the latest runners, results, tips and going news.
Get yourself along to the racecourse or watch on tv as racing gets underway this afternoon.
What time does racing start at Sedgefield?
The first race is at 11.55am.
There are seven races on the card and the last race is due off at 3.15pm.
What TV channel is Sedgefield on?
You can watch the racing at Sedgefield on At The Races.
Attheraces is on Sky channel 415, Virgin channel 534, and UPC in Ireland on channel 418.
Start your Cheltenham wallet today at Kempton!
What is the going at the racecourse?
The going is currently Soft, Good to Soft in Places.
Racecourse information with leading jockeys and trainers with runners today:
- Left-handed, sharp, undulating track of 1m 2f, with 8 easy fences to a circuit, 200yd run-in.
- Favourites: (2012-17): 248 have won out of 683 races (36.3%). At the previous corresponding meetings, 10 have won out of 23 races (43.5%).
- Leading trainers (2012-17): D McCain 61-282, B Ellison 32-154, J M Jefferson 29-108, M Hammond 27-199, Mrs S Smith 26-197.
- Leading jockeys (2012-17): W Kennedy 11-89, S Quinlan 9-111, F O’Toole 7-79, C McCormack 6-47, T Kelly 6-115, Miss A Waugh 5-28.
- B Ellison won the 11.55 in 2014 and 2015.
- D McCain won the 1.00 in 2011 and 2012.
- Longest traveller: Glimpse Of Gold (12.25) trained by T Vaughan, Cowbridge, round trip of 590 miles.
Templegate’s tips for today’s meeting at Sedgefield:
- 11.55 Or De Vassy
- 12.25 Roxyfet
- 1.00 Rockalzaro
- 1.35 Bal De Rio
- 2.05 Star Tackle
- 2.40 Hit And Run
- 3.15 Jane Lamb
Today’s Sedgefield racecards and results:
Templegate’s TV tips
1.20 Kempton – REIGNING SUPREME: ‘Won twice from three starts over hurdles last season and he looks well weighted’ (add to your betslip)
1.55 Kempton – ELEGANT ESCAPE: ‘I’ve a feeling he’s progressing faster than his rivals and he put in a fine round of jumping last time’ (add to your betslip)
2.10 Wetherby – BAYWING: ‘Loves testing ground and his chase win last February over today’s course and distance is good form’ (add to your betslip)
2.30 Kempton – BUVEUR D’AIR: ‘Should have little trouble rattling off his eighth straight win’ (add to your betslip)
3.05 Kempton – THISTLECRACK: ‘If he’s back to the form of 12 months ago he will be the one to beat’ (add to your betslip)