RACING takes place at Leicester today and we have you covered with all the latest runners, results, tips and going news.
Get yourself along to the racecourse or watch on tv as racing gets underway this afternoon.
What time does racing start at Leicester?
The first race is at 1.40pm.
There are seven races on the card and the last race is due off at 5.00pm.
What TV channel is Leicester on?
You can watch the racing at Leicester on Racing UK.
Racing UK is on Sky channel 432, Virgin channel 536, and UPC in Ireland on channel 411.
ITV1 will broadcast the 2.45pm.
What is the going at the racecourse?
The going is currently Soft, Good to Soft in Places.
Racecourse information with leading jockeys and trainers with runners today:
- Right-handed oval course of 1m 5f, with a 5f run-in. 5-7f races run on the straight mile, downhill for the first 4f then mainly uphill to the finish.
- High draw numbers have a slight advantage, especially when the ground is soft.
- Favourites: (2013-18): 386 have won out of 1,090 races (35.4%). At the previous corresponding meetings, 23 have won out of 112 races (20.5%).
- Leading trainers (2013-18): R Fahey 30-154, M Johnston 27-155, R Hannon 25-165, Sir M Stoute 20-80, C Hills 19-83, R Varian 17-82, J Gosden 13-65.
- Leading jockeys (2013-18): P Hanagan 39-155, S De Sousa 37-148, R L Moore 24-121, James Doyle 21-90, A Kirby 18-137, A Atzeni 16-105, M Harley 10-52.
- H Palmer won the 2.45 in 2016 and 2017.
- M Johnston won the 3.20 in 2009, 2010 and 2017.
- Longest traveller: Dora’s Field (5.00) trained by W Kittow, Cullompton, round trip of 362 miles.
- Best for favourites: 3 favourites have won the 1.40 at Leicester in the last 10 years.
Templegate’s tips for today’s meeting at Leicester:
- 1.40 Bahamian Dollar
- 2.15 Finoah
- 2.45 Emmaus
- 3.20 Adams Park
- 3.55 Maypole
- 4.30 Podemos
- 5.00 Belisa
Today’s Leicester racecards and results:
Templegate’s TV tips
1.50 Sandown – Show On The Road: ‘Been consistent and this race should suit him’ (add to your betslip)
2.05 Haydock – Mijack: ‘Looks to have improved since last season and likes this ground’ (add to your betslip)
2.25 Sandown – Top Notch: ‘Had a break since his last run and his form is solid’ (add to your betslip)
2.45 Leicester – Emmaus: ‘Won both starts over this course and distance’ (add to your betslip)
3.00 Sandown – Altior: ‘Should be like a lap of honour for him’ (add to your betslip)
3.35 Sandown – Step Back: ‘Looks in need of this marathon trip’ (add to your betslip)