RACING takes place at Wolverhampton today and we have you covered with all the latest runners, results, tips and going news.
Get yourself along to the racecourse or watch on tv as racing gets underway this afternoon.
What time does racing start at Wolverhampton?
The first race is at 1.30pm.
There are seven races on the card and the last race is due off at 5.00pm.
What TV channel is Wolverhampton on?
You can watch the racing at Wolverhampton on At The Races.
Attheraces is on Sky channel 415, Virgin channel 534, and UPC in Ireland on channel 418.
ITV4 will also show the 2.05 and 3.15 from Wolverhampton.
What is the going at the racecourse?
The all-weather Tapeta track is currently rated as Standard.
Racecourse information with leading jockeys and trainers with runners today:
- TIC-TAC: Left-handed, very tight Tapeta track of 1m, with a 330yd run-in. Races over 6f and 7f start on separate chutes.
- DRAW: Little effect.
- FAVOURITES: (2013-18): 1,225 have won out of 3,578 races (34.2%). At the previous corresponding meetings, 18 have won out of 60 races (30.0%).
- TOP TRACK TRAINERS (2013-18): M Johnston 87-515, R Fahey 70-575, M Appleby 68-593, D
Loughnane 58-611, T Dascombe 57-413. THIS SEASON: Ed Walker 4, K Ryan 4, Rebecca Bastiman 4, S C Williams 3.
- TOP TRACK JOCKEYS (2013-18): L Morris 207-1443, J Fanning 100-702, R Kingscote 83-508, R
Winston 52-335, S Donohoe 52-447. THIS SEASON: L Morris 7, P J McDonald 4, J Fanning 4, R Kingscote 4.
- LONGEST TRAVELLERS: Mearing (3.50) trained by I Jardine, Carrutherstown, round trip of 410 miles.
Templegate’s tips for today’s meeting at Wolverhampton:
- 1.30 Silvanus
- 2.05 Mr Scaramanga
- 2.40 Intern
- 3.15 Second Thought (nb)
- 3.50 Golden Footsteps
- 4.25 Naadirr
- 5.00 Kreb’s Cycle
Today’s Wolverhampton racecards and results:
Templegate’s TV Tips
Sandown 1.50 – Melrose Boy: ‘Has plenty of experience and his proven stamina is a big aid’ (add to your betslip)
Wolverhampton 2.05 – Mr Scaramanga: ‘Been in good form recently and was mugged on the line on his last start’ (add to your betslip)
Sandown 2.25 – Whatswrongwithyou: ‘Could be a shrewd move to send this smart novice here instead of Cheltenham’ (add to your betslip)
Sandown 3.00 – Diamond Gait: ‘Appears to have been saved for this after showing good form at Huntingdon on Boxing Day’ (add to your betslip)
Wolverhampton 3.15 – Second Thought: ‘Should take his exceptional all-weather record to six out of six’ (add to your betslip)
Sandown 3.35 – Tanit River: ‘I expect him to follow up a good course and distance win last month’ (add to your betslip)