Keeneland has cataloged 4,509 horses for its 2018 November Breeding Stock Sale, the world’s largest sale of its kind, to be held Nov. 5-16. Headlining the November Sale catalog are graded stakes winners and graded stakes producers, led by champion Lady Eli, in foal to War Front; Grade 1 stakes winners Dream Tree, Lady Ivanka, Sailor’s Valentine, Vasilika and Zipessa, the latter in foal to Medaglia d’Oro; and Grade 2 winner Ollie’s Candy.
November Sale catalogs are available on . Print catalogs will be mailed the week of Oct. 15.
“The strong global appeal of the November Sale sets it apart from all other breeding stock sales,” Keeneland Vice President of Racing and Sales Bob Elliston said. “This auction is the primary source for domestic and international buyers for stakes-winning fillies and stakes-producing mares in foal to the world’s most exciting stallions while being a key market for weanlings and horses of racing age. We look forward to the November Sale building on the strength of the recent September Sale and the excitement of the Breeders’ Cup at Churchill Downs.”
In a change of format for 2018, the November Sale will open Monday, Nov. 5, with an exclusive Book 1 session featuring 247 graded stakes-winning fillies and mares and notable weanlings.
Among the highly prized offerings cataloged in Book 1 are:
• Champion Lady Eli, who is bred to War Front for her first foal. She won 10 races, including five Grade 1 stakes, and earned $2,959,800.
• Undefeated Dream Tree, scheduled to race in the Nov. 3 Breeders’ Cup Filly and Mare Turf (G1). Cataloged as racing or broodmare prospect, the Uncle Mo filly has five career wins, including the 2017 Starlet (G1) and 2018 Las Virgenes (G2) and Prioress (G2). She has earned $527,500.
• Vasilika, winner of her past seven races led by last weekend’s Rodeo Drive (G1) and cataloged as a racing or broodmare prospect.
• Spinaway (G1) winner Lady Ivanka and Central Bank Ashland (G1) winner Sailor’s Valentine, both cataloged as racing or broodmare prospects.
• Grade 3 winner and Grade 1-placed Zipessa, bred to Medaglia d’Oro for her first foal.
• Ollie’s Candy, winner of this year’s Summertime Oaks (G2) and cataloged as a racing prospect.
• Weanling sisters of champion and Breeders’ Cup Classic (G1) winner Arrogate and champion Honor Code.
The 4,509 horses in the November Sale catalog include 2,257 broodmares and racing or broodmare prospects, 1,788 weanlings, 453 horses of racing age and 11 stallions. Two horses are late entries to the auction.
The November Sale also includes the dispersal of Edward A. Cox, for whom Claiborne Farm will serve as agent. The Cox dispersal has cataloged 22 horses, including broodmares and weanlings.