RACING takes place at Newcastle today and we have you covered with all the latest runners, results, tips and going news.
Get yourself along to the racecourse or watch on tv as racing gets underway this afternoon.
What time does racing start at Newcastle?
The first race is at 11.45am.
There are seven races on the card and the last race is due off at 3.10pm.
What TV channel is Newcastle on?
You can watch the racing at Newcastle on At The Races.
Attheraces is on Sky channel 415, Virgin channel 534, and UPC in Ireland on channel 418.
What is the going at the racecourse?
The going is currently Soft, Good to Soft in Places.
Racecourse information with leading jockeys and trainers with runners today:
- Left-handed track of 1m 6f, with 11 fences to a circuit and a steady climb to the winning post.
- Favourites: (2012-17): 494 have won out of 1,476 races (33.5%). At the previous corresponding meetings, 14 have won out of 39 races (35.9%).
- Leading trainers (2012-17): B Ellison 35-349, N Alexander 18-112, Mrs S Smith 17-123, Miss L Russell 16-147, J M Jefferson 13-54.
- Leading jockeys (2012-17): B Hughes 36-185, Craig Nichol 11-90, Steven Fox 5-19, S Quinlan 5-33, Ross Chapman 3-9, R Day 3-22.
- Longest travellers: Snapdragon Fire (11.45) & He’s A Goer (3.10) trained by Tom Lacey, Woolhope, round trip of 554 miles.
Templegate’s tips for today’s meeting at Newcastle:
- 11.45 Snapdragon Fire
- 12.15 Celtic Flames
- 12.50 Our Valentina
- 1.25 Teddy Tee (treble)
- 2.00 Bering Upsun
- 2.35 Dubai Angel
- 3.10 He’s A Goer
Today’s Newcastle racecards and results:
Templegate’s TV tips
1.50 Ascot – Pougne Bobbi: ‘Soft ground suits him well and the drop to 2m2f shouldn’t harm his chance’ (add to your betslip)
2.10 Haydock – Limited Reserve: ‘This looks an easier race than his last victory and I expect him to win’ (add to your betslip)
2.25 Ascot – Unowhatimeanharry: ‘Suffered a shock defeat last time but I’m expecting him to get back on track’ (add to your betslip)
2.45 Haydock – Catamaran Du Seuil: ‘If his jumping stands up then he must have a big chance here’ (add to your betslip)
3.00 Ascot – Singlefarmpayment: ‘Has good form and the likely strong pace will only help him here’ (add to your betslip)
3.35 Ascot – Elgin: ‘Plenty to like about this progressive hurdler and he was impressive in the Greatwood last time’ (add to your betslip)