RACING takes place at Punchestown today and we have you covered with all the latest runners, results, tips and going news.
Get yourself along to the racecourse or watch on tv as racing gets underway this afternoon.
What time does racing start at Punchestown?
The first race is at 3.40pm.
There are eight races on the card and the last race is due off at 7.45pm.
What TV channel is Punchestown on?
You can watch the racing at Punchestown on At The Races.
Attheraces is on Sky channel 415, Virgin channel 534, and UPC in Ireland on channel 418.
What is the going at the racecourse?
The going is currently Yielding, Yielding to Soft in places.
Racecourse information with leading jockeys and trainers with runners today:
- Right-handed oval course of 2m with a run-in of 3f 110yds. There are 11 fences and 8 hurdles to a circuit. The chase course suits the galloping type.
- Favourites: (2013-18): 274 have won out of 688 races (39.8%). At the previous corresponding meetings, 49 have won out of 142 races (34.5%).
- Top track trainers (2013-18): W P Mullins 144-541, G Elliott 78-471, Mrs J Harrington 44-244, N Meade 25-241, H de Bromhead 20-202, E Bolger 19-109, Peter Maher 12-98, Joseph P O’Brien 8-67, P A Fahy 8-72, J P Dempsey 7-57. This season: G Elliott 26, W P Mullins 19, Mrs J Harrington 8, N Meade 6.
- Top track jockeys (2013-18): Mr P W Mullins 37-107, D N Russell 36-229, B J Cooper 35-207, R M Power 34-163, M P Walsh 33-244, B J Geraghty 21-130, D J Mullins 20-164, P Townend 20-178, Ms N Carberry 17-83, J W Kennedy 15-108. This season: D N Russell 13, R M Power 7, M P Walsh 7, J W Kennedy 7.
- Racefax: E Bolger won the 4.50 in 2009, 2010 and 2016. Mrs J Harrington won the 3.40 in 2014 and 2017, and won the 5.30 in 2014 and 2015. W P Mullins won the 5.30 in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013, and won the 6.05 in 2011 and 2015, and won the 6.40 in 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016 and 2017, and won the 7.15 in 2013, 2015 and 2017, and won the 7.45 in 2009, 2010, 2013, 2015 and 2016.
- Longest traveller: Eight Till Late (4.15) trained by Francis Casey, Meath, round trip of 98 miles.
- Blinkered first time: Cantlow (4.50); Burren Life (6.05); Gun Digger (6.05).
- Best for favs: 6 favourites have won the 5.30 at Punchestown in the last 10 years.
Eamonn Hames’ tips for today’s meeting at Punchestown:
- 3.40 Jack Dillinger
- 4.15 Tycoon Prince (nap)
- 4.50 Josies Order
- 5.30 Yorkhill (nb)
- 6.05 Ainsi Va La Vie
- 6.40 Castlegrace Paddy
- 7.15 Ellie Mac
- 7.45 Castlebawn West
Today’s Punchestown racecards and results:
NAP 1.30 Beverley – Straightothepoint: ‘Really well-weighted on the pick of last season’s form and has a great record on his seasonal return’ (add to your betslip)
NEXT BEST 5.10 Perth – Mighty Thunder: ‘Has struggled on deep ground this winter but he has winning form at this track’ (add to your betslip)
TREBLE 2.45 Warwick – Awake At Midnight: ‘Has been placed in all four of his hurdles starts and the step up in distance should do the trick’ (add to your betslip)