RACING takes place at Chester today and we have you covered with all the latest runners, results, tips and going news.
Get yourself along to the racecourse or watch on tv as racing gets underway this afternoon.
What time does racing start at Chester?
The first race is at 1.50pm.
There are seven races on the card and the last race is due off at 5.05pm.
What TV channel is Chester on?
You can watch the racing at Chester on Racing UK.
Racing UK is on Sky channel 432, Virgin channel 536, and UPC in Ireland on channel 411.
ITV4 will also broadcast the 1.50, 2.25, 3.00 and 3.35.
What is the going at the racecourse?
The going is currently Good to Soft.
Racecourse information with leading jockeys and trainers with runners today:
- Left-handed, tight, circular course of just over 1m, with a 2f run-in. Smallest track in Britain, on the turn throughout.
- Draw: Low numbers best.
- Leading trainers with runners (2013-2018): R Fahey 61-476, M Johnston 43-275, A Balding 37-174, T Dascombe 33-265.
- Top jockeys with rides (2013-2018): F Norton 49-285, R Kingscote 38-198, R L Moore 18-52, G Lee 14-55.
- Longest traveller: Berrahri (5.05) trained at Sittingbourne. Round trip of 478 miles.
- Trainerfax: A P O’Brien won the 2.25 in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2017, and won the 3.35 in 2008, 2011 and 2012. T Dascombe won the 4.05 in 2012, 2013 and 2017.
Templegate’s tips for today’s meeting at Chester:
Today’s Chester racecards and results:
Templegate’s TV Tips
1.50 Chester – A Momentofmadness: ‘Has the tools to take advantage of the dream rails draw’ (add to your betslip)
2.25 Chester – My Lord And Master: ‘Thrashed a useful stablemate before returning with a cracking effort in Epsom’s Blue Riband Trial’ (add to your betslip)
3.00 Chester – Another Batt: ‘Isn’t the best weighted but he’s consistent and has a good draw’ (add to your betslip)
3.35 Chester – Idaho: ‘He’s won his last two races outside Group 1 contests and finished third in the King George on his last run in Britain’ (add to your betslip)