All the latest stats, runners, results and odds for Wednesday’s meeting at Newmarket with Sun Bets and Templegate’s top tips.
RACING takes place at Newmarket today and we have you covered with all the latest runners, results, tips and going news.
Get yourself along to the racecourse or watch on tv as racing gets underway this afternoon.
What time does racing start at Newmarket?
The first race is at 1.50pm.
There are eight races on the card and the last race is due off at 5.55pm.
What TV channel is Newmarket on?
You can watch the racing at Newmarket on Racing UK.
Racing UK is on Sky channel 432, Virgin channel 536, and UPC in Ireland on channel 411.
ITV4 are also showing the 1.50, 2.25, 3.00 and 3.35.
What is the going at the racecourse?
The going is currently Good to Soft.
Racecourse information with leading jockeys and trainers with runners today:
- Rowley mile course is 2m 2f long, with a bend after a mile. Races up to 1m 2f on the straight.
- Draw: Inconsistent
- Leading trainers with runners (2013-18): J Gosden 55-291, C Appleby 44-171, R Hannon 34-276, S bin Suroor 28-162.
- Top jockeys with rides (2013-18): R L Moore 53-328, W Buick 48-304, L Dettori 37-188, James Doyle 28-238.
- Longest traveller: Rufus King (2.25), Frankuus (3.00), Nyaleti (3.35), Threading (3.35), Hard Forest (4.10) and Baileys Excelerate (5.55) trained at Middleham. Round trip of 400 miles.
- Trainerfax: J Gosden won the 3.35 in 2008, 2016 and 2017, and won the 4.45 in 2016 and 2017, and won the 5.55 in 2008, 2014 and 2017. M Johnston won the 5.55 in 2009 and 2011.
Templegate’s tips for today’s meeting at Newmarket:
- 1.50 Barrington
- 2.25 Nebo (treble)
- 3.00 Robin Of Navan
- 3.35 Nawassi
- 4.10 Red Hut Red
- 4.45 Rococo
- 5.20 Mythical Queen
- 5.55 Istanbul Sultan (nb)
Today’s Newmarket racecards and results:
Templegate’s TV Tips
1.50 Newmarket – Barrington: ‘Lost his way for Charlie Hills but being gelded and moving to Mick Appleby could just spark some life into him’ (add to your betslip)
2.25 Newmarket – Nebo: ‘Yard has started the season in great form and he looks a likely improver’ (add to your betslip)
2.40 Cheltenham – Kalondra: ‘Drying ground is in his favour and he beat subsequent Ultima winner Coo Star Sivola around here in December’ (add to your betslip)
3.00 Newmarket – Robin Of Navan: ‘Does most of his racing in France but was a Group 1 winner over there a few years ago’ (add to your betslip)
3.35 Newmarket – Nawassi: ‘Top trainer is going for a hat-trick of wins in this race and she was impressive over today’s course and distance in her maiden win’ (add to your betslip)